Homoeo Quiz 2018
- To break away from the monotony of didactic lectures and infuse in our students a spirit of collateral thinking.
- Rounds were designed to test different faculties of learning like visual, interpretation, analysis, application and synthesis which would aid students in viva, bed side case understanding, and clinical correlation.
- Importance was given to Pre, Para clinical, clinical and homoeopathic subjects.
The Homoeo Quiz 2018 was organised and designed by Dr Aparna Rajput and Dr Akhil B G. The Quiz was conducted on 26th of July 2018 in lecture hall 2, between 10-12 pm for second and third year BHMS students. The quiz masters were Dr Aparna and Dr Akhil. The scorers were Dr Raja Satish and Dr Chand Sharma.
The quiz was organised through proper channel by the guidance of Dr Arvind Kothe, Director JIMS with the involvement of Principal, student council and MET cell.
Eight students from each class second and third year BHMS participated for the quiz.
There were four teams A B C D. The quiz consisted of four rounds.
First round consisted of five sets of direct questions from anatomy, physiology biochemistry, and homoeopathic pioneers to assess the knowledge of students. Each question was time bound for 30 seconds.
Second round consisted of direct spotter questions from pathology, forensic medicine toxicology, and surgical instruments.
There was an audience round for faculty and students.
Third round consisted of four sets of direct questions which consisted of OBG, medical signs and clinical cases, and if unanswered were passed to the next team, these were to assess the skills, application of clinical knowledge.
Fourth round was a rapid fire round consisting of 12 question which consisted of pre/Para clinical, clinical and homoeopathic subjects, which was time bound for three minutes, if any time remained the unanswered questions were repeated. This round was to assess the alertness and spontaneity.
Winners were announced by Dr Raja Satish and Dr Chand Sharma. Dr Anjali from the faculty and second and third year representative shared their experience.
This was followed by prize distribution by Dr Arvind Kothe, Director JIMS Homoeopathic Medical College. He complimented the programme and congratulated the participants.
IST PRIZE TEAM A– HARISHMA PURVANTHI, VELDANDI MANIDEEP (III BHMS), VAMSHI PATHAKATA, MAHEK SIGH (II BHMS)
2ND PRIZE TEAM C– Y SRILATHA YADAV, SHAIK ASMABEE (III BHMS), SHAIK MOHAMMAD ASHRAF, APOORVA SVN (II BHMS)
AUDIENCE PRIZE (FACULTY) – DR ANJALI. (DEPT ORGANON OF MEDICINE)
AUDIENCE PRIZE (STUDENT) – Ms SNEHITHA (III BHMS)
- Immense enthusiasm was seen in the students and participants.
- Sportive competition was noted.
- The faculty members enjoyed the program thoroughly.
- A few rounds from areas like lateral thinking, comprehension, general knowledge, logic and reasoning could be added.
For More Pictures Click Here