JIMS FIESTA 2018
The much awaited,JIMS Fiesta took place on 23rd April 2018 .The entire day was loaded with fun filled events wherein our students showcased their hidden potentials. The day started off on a colorful note with the Rangoli competition on the theme “festivals of India”. Simultaneously, the painting competition was organized and our young budding homoeopaths expressed their thoughts with strokes of their brushes. “Current affairs” like safety of girl children occupied a prominent place in these works of art.
The fresher’s party was organized in the courtyard of JIMS , the entire area was decorated with colorful paper lamps which added a festive look to the entire place which served to break the ice between the seniors and juniors and a good camaraderie was on show. This provided a platform to the juniors to exhibit their talents in various areas.
Everyone was treated with yummy delights prepared by our students by way of FOOD STALLS. The dishes were an assortment of traditional delicacies of the region as well as cooling thirst quenchers in form of fruit juices, and shakes as also savory items along with trendy burgers and pizzas. The students displayed their culinary skillsand surprised one and all.
The flash mobs, kept up the mood of the event by persistently infusing energy into the event. The game stalls ensured active participation of teachers and students alike and kept the fervor and enthusiasm of the students.
The formal event began around 5 pm when the dignitaries visited the various stalls put up by the students .H.H SriSriSriChinna Jeeyar Swamiji , Dr P.K.Chaudhary , J .Rameshwara Rao, JIMS along with J. Jagapati Rao and Dr Venugopalachary complimented the efforts put up by students and encouraged them to have more such events in the future.The program began with a prayer to Goddess Saraswati the , goddess of knowledge along with a classical dance performance on “Dashavtaram” by our students.This was followed by the prize distribution function wherein the dignitaries,along with Dr Arvind Kothe ,Director, JIMS, Dr K. Raghuramchandra , Principal, JIMS and Dr Reetha Krishnan , M.S. JIMS HOSPITAL.
Prizes in the field of Academics, Sports and events were given to the winning students.In the Academic section, first 10 university rankers were felicitated along with the subject toppers of first BHMS and second BHMS of DR .NTR UHS and KNRUHS .
In the sports section, 32 prizes were awarded for AYUSH intercollegiate meet conducted by Telangana state and Dr NTRUHS ,Gudivada in various areas including Athletics, Kho-Kho and Kabaddi . JIMS Homoeopathic Medical college has successfully completed one round of Drug Proving and therefore the 19 students who volunteered for drug proving were awarded Certificates of appreciation.
Prize Distribution was followed by cultural event where students displayed their talent in dance & music.
Excerpts from speeches of dignitaries:
1. H.H. Sri SriSriChinna Jeeyar Swamiji while giving his blessings to our students stressed on optimal utilization of available time & infrastructure by students and urged them to be focused on their goal and also encouraged the boys and girls to be motivated .
2. Dr J. Rameshwar Rao, Chairman JIMs Governing Council, in his address spoke about expansion of Homoeopathic OPDs in Corporate hospitals wherein a slot would be provided for Homoeopathic OPDs and this would widen the reach of Homoeopathy to the masses as well as classes and also provide a larger platform for our graduates to hone their clinical skills. Continuous research in Homoeopathy and quality education were also mentioned.
3. Dr. Venugopala Chary, Academic Council, while complimenting the management of JIMS for providing excellent infrastructure and learning opportunities and that it would surely take the form of a deemed university in the near future.
4. Dr. J. Jagapati Rao , Chairman Academic Council, JIMS, while complimenting the students on their excellent organizational skills, said that our students of JIMS should be like GEMS and carve a niche for themselves in all walks of life.
5. Dr. P.K. Chaudhary , Chairman Academic Council,JIMS, reviewed the state of Homoeopathic education in his time and now and urged the students to make good use of the state of art classroom technologies and resources available for learning and to be competent clinicians of the future.