Screening for Women Health at Ibrahimpatnam
The camp was organized at Ibrahimpatnam, 1st and 20th ward on 18th November, 2018 from 9 am to 4 pm by the department of Community Medicine, JIMS HMC in collaboration with Vikas Tharangini of JIVA.
The venue was a community function hall, “Munnur kapu Bhavanam”. The program was inaugurated by lighting the lamp and felicitating the Sarpanch.
The total number of beneficiaries was 310; women who underwent colposcopy were 60. 44 Gynec cases requiring active follow up were identified.
Learning from the Camp for Students:
- Organizing a camp in a setting with lack of resources.
- Screening a large number of patients and presenting to physician.
- Behavioural requirements in a rural setting.
- Colposcopy and comparing healthy and unhealthy cervix and breast examination.
- Experiencing community service.
Dr Sudhamathi. S.M.
For More Pictures Click Here